Monday, September 26, 2011

2010 Topps Chrome Auto Wade Davis

I haven't purchased any new Topps Chrome this year, though I have had the itch and I really like the look of the set. It is especially hard since I have a weakness for refractors. Ever since I was a kid dreaming of owning a 93' Finest Refractor, they have been my favorite parallel issue.

 I have curtailed my spending on new cards recently as I focus on trades and trying to complete a few of my set building projects, especially the sets from the late eighties and early nineties that should not take long to build, unless you work very slowly like I do. A few months ago I did buy a reduced blaster of 2010 Topps Chrome at Walmart. For a marked down price I thought I would give it a shot, hoping to pull some Orioles.

I did find some Orioles base cards in my box and a Adam Jones Refractor for my collection. I also found this Wade Davis Refractor Autograph near the end of the box.
Since the Rays play in the same division as my favorite team I am familiar with Wade Davis and have seen him pitch a few times this year, in the beginning of the season he seemed to have the Orioles number, though the Orioles offense was pretty stagnant in April and May. On Sunday, Davis picked up the win against the Toronto Blue Jays, putting the Rays one game behind the Red Sox in the A.L. wild card race. I'm hoping the Orioles can play spoiler and help the Rays win the wild card this week by beating the Red Sox, so far the game is tied 2-2 in the top of the sixth.

Topps Chrome autographs look great as a Refractor and so would the Rays in the playoffs over the Red Sox. Now if someone can keep the Yankees from reaching the World Series the post season would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment