Friday, May 6, 2011

2009 Topps Allen and Ginter pack break

This is the first chance I have had to post since returning home from Nashville. I was hoping to open some Gypsy Queen but there was none to be seen when I stopped at Target after work today. Instead I found a discounted pack of 2009 Allen and Ginter that I couldn't pass up, so I'll share what was inside today.





Pretty standard fare here, this pack was dominated by Cubs and Mariners. Derek Lee is having a real slow start with the Orioles this year. His defense at first base as been great and a real asset to the infield, but hopefully he can find some of the power he exhibited when he played in Chicago.

The real highlight of the pack and the reason I bought the pack, besides the discounted price, is the mini and I was happy to pull one of a negro league player. Frank Evans had a long career in the Negro Leagues playing and managing for numerous teams until he became a major league instructor and scout in the 1960's and 70's.

This wraps up my short pack break, hopefully I'll be able to post a more substantial topic in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment